1. This is the approximate number of years Rita will spend on her period
2. This is the number of products Rita has used since her 1st period
3. This is the approximate number of products Rita will use in her future life.
4. This is the number of kilograms of rubbish including packaging her period will cause in the future*
For comparison: On average, every person in Austria generates around 115kg packaging waste per year.
5. This is the number of products Rita can save herself and the environment if she uses a menstrual cup or cloth sanitary towels.
A woman uses around 200 menstruation products per year! The exact number depends mainly on the heaviness of the period and how often e.g. the sanitary towel needs changing.
In Austria alone, all women together use 460 million products for their periods per year. Worldwide, these are more than 45 billion tampons, sanitary towels or panty liners.
*Assumption: Rita uses approx. ¾ sanitary towels and approx. ¼ tampons. Including packaging this generates around 5kg of waste per women per year.
Rita’s menstruation balance in Euros:
6. This is the amount of Euros Rita will approx. spend on monthly sanitary products throughout her life:
Are you surprised?
To all girls: Calculate your personal menstruation balance!
*Assumption: Rita uses 4 products a day, 5 days a month for 40 years. Every menstruation product (tampon, sanitary towel, panty liner) costs 20 cents.