You are unsure if a gynaecological examination is necessary? If you answer one of these questions with “YES” you should visit your gynaecologist.
- You want to know if everything is OK (internal and external genitals)?
- You want to get information about contraceptive methods, e.g. about the pill?
- You suffer from period pain that is so severe that you are totally restricted during your period.
- You have an itching or burning sensation in your genital area?
- You suddenly have very severe thrush that smells strange?
- Your period is very irregular or you have been waiting for it for a long time?
- You are 18 and do not yet have your period?
- You already had sex with a boy?